Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thing #18 Online Tools

I tried Zoho a couple of years ago and although it looks like they have really expanded their products, I still love Google Apps. Google has them beat just because of their name recognition. Students will choose Google over Zoho because that is their search engine of choice. I like the fact that everything Google offers works together so well. I created a Google Site about a few Google Apps for a technology camp presentation for teachers. It is available from my library website's Teacher Resources page. It is the first link USS Google Fun Ship in the Teacher Tools section. My favorite discovery is the forms application in Google Docs. When you complete this form and click submit, your answers along with everyone else's is recorded in a spreadsheet in my Google Docs account. I am going to create one of these to collect email addresses of my students' parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment